Monday, June 16, 2008

Dear Readers:

I would like to begin with an apology. I am sorry for the long silence on my blog. Final exams, three days at home and a move to Washington DC are not excuses, though that is what has kept me busy. Much as happened since I last signed on—It seems tomatoes are under the microscope, food prices are skyrocketing and the local lettuces have arrived at the farmers market.

For the next nine weeks, I will be working for the Center for Science in the Public Interest in Washington DC, doing much of what I do here: digging into nutrition and our American culinary habits. I’ll also have my own kitchen and no money. This summer will be an adventure in healthful cooking on a budget and dining out when I want to splurge. What fun is a new city if you don’t get out and see it?

So I cordially invite you to check in frequently, I’ll be passing along information I learn on the job and keeping a (roughly) daily kitchen chronicle. And of course, I’ll divulge all my eating and dining adventures as I pack a picnic for an afternoon beneath the Washington Monument, slurp oysters after midnight in Adams Morgan and munch my way though Eastern Market behind Capital Hill on Saturday

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking at Washington D.C. - not at the pathways to power, but along the trails to good food. Can't wait to accompany you on this journey.